2. My journal is titled ____ because ____.
3. My subtitle is ____ because ____.
>4. My friends page is called ____ because ____.
5. My default userpic is ____ because ____.
1. I picked jatg because it's been my made up string of initials since I was in 5th grade. I really should pick something that one can actually pronounce. I'll often hear "J-TAG" or "JAT-GUH." Neither really sounds very good. However, I've used it as my quick sig for years and it seems a little late to retitle my LJ.
2. My journal is titled "Sketches & Scribbles" because I meant to title it "Doodles & Scribbles" and never really fixed it. "Doodles & Scribbles" comes from a joke about life drawing when I was in 3rd year.
3. My subtitle is non existant.
4. My friends page is "Hey old friend, whadday say old friend" because of a line from a little known Steven Sondheim musical "Merrily we Roll Along."
It's an interesting musical...told in reverse order. You see people in their late 30s early 40s squabbling at a party and hurling the most hurtful things at each other and as the play progresses/regresses you see their whole history together and it ends with them graduating high school and ready to hit the world with this eager wide eyed optimism.
The song has stuck with me because it goes into the nature of friends and old enduring friends and how lovers come and go but friends endure and also because they are friends they know (or should) when to call things out and when to let things go. It's like every other well done Sondheim number. It's thought provoking and optimistic and yet a little bitter.
The nature of friendship has been a common theme in my own personal mullings. One of my favorite lines about friendship comes from an Andrew Sullivan book where he talks about friendship. "Friends tell the truth. Lovers lie." Not sure how entirely true that is but it is food for thought.
5. My default userpic is this Christmas one because hey, Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat. I like it.