1. Went to the gym. 20 minutes on the EC, lower body workout. It's nice to start the day with a "RRARR" sweat.
2. CLEARED out my room. Flylady would be proud of me. I went through piles of papers and determined what was important and what could be thrown out. I rearranged books. I hung lights, in short I got my room in order and ready to be a conducive place to work on my projects.
3. I finished rooting through my closet, a project that I started in December in order to donate to the collection at work. Does the donation make it less meaningful if part of the motivation was a drawing we had at the end of the month? The more stuff donated, the more your name got into the drawing. I came out of it with a $50.00 gift card at Wal Mart. (This is important for #4.)
4. Went to Wal Mart and finally ordered a pair of glasses. Yay that I could use that gift card towards that. It's a neat pair, all sexy librarian chic AND has those oh so trendy and cool magnetic sunglasses clip ons.
It has been a very long time since I have gotten a new pair of glasses. I'm not sure if it is universal to those who wear glasses nearly all the time or if it is just me and I am over thinking the whole thing...but a new pair of glasses always feels like a new identity is being assumed. I can go through old pairs of glasses and such memories hit. Oh yes, this is the pair that I hated that made me look like Tootsie in high school, these are my mission glasses, etc... Glasses are SUCH a part of one's look and going into a new pair an an endeavornot entered into lightly.
5. Hung out with the folks a bit (my mom went to Wal-Mart with me,) and pulled out old stashes of Xena art. I have much to do to get the stuff ready to go to the Xena Con. Never having been to an offical con I feel a bit wistful and wonder what the experience would be like. I still get fanmail from the comic strip.
6. Came home, dug my room a bit more and watched the Fiesta Bowl. Go Utes! I feel a bit bad for Pittsburgh though, they were so thorougly outclassed. That whole college bowl system seriously needs to be rethought. I do not understand why they do not do football the way they do college basketball with playoffs.
7. Getting bundled into bed with Wulfie already blinking sleepily at me on the foot of the bed. Must grab my Libro de Mormon y leer mis mandatos antes de dormir.